Genomics of cave invertebrates/arthropods
Outline: Depth of knowledge needed by attendees: i) Basic understanding of genetics, ii) Concepts how cave-adaptive traits may be reflected at the genomic level.
Level of detail of workshop:
- Participants share previous and ongoing genome-based research activities
- Introduction to ongoing invertebrate genome project initiatives, databases, and tools such as i5k
- Participants compile species and traits that warrant genomic exploration
- Participants coordinate writing of a white paper on the anticipated significance of broad, integrated comparative genome projects
- Participants discuss collaborative grant opportunities
Maximum number of participants: 15
Organizer: Dr. Markus Friedrich, Associate Professor, Department of Biological Sciences, Wayne State University, USA.